Arizona Distance Classic
Benefiting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Half Marathon • Quarter Marathon • 5k
Another M3S Sports Celebration
- As a volunteer, you are an Ambassador for M3S Sports and the Arizona Distance Classic and should treat runners, guests, participants, other volunteers with the utmost courtesy and respect.
- As a volunteer, take pride in your role! You are a part of one of Arizona's greatest events! Attire should include clean jeans (no holes), khaki/black pants, comfortable shoes.
- Be prepared to answer many types of questions. Familiarize yourself with the course map and schedule of events. You can find this information on our website, www.arizonadistanceclassic.com or our Facebook page, facebook.com/ArizonaDistanceClassic to learn more about our event.
- You can sign up for as many shifts and roles as you like — but please make sure they don't overlap!
- Once you sign up, we depend on your commitment to being a part of AZDC. Your prompt arrival and completion of your shift are vital to the success. When you sign up, you commit to being present for that specific shift(s) during the entire length of that shift(s).
- Until 2 days prior to your scheduled shift, you are able to change/cancel your day/assignment by contacting .
- If it is the day of your scheduled shift and you find you cannot make it, please be considerate and contact so we can adjust our roster.
- We are like the postal service — our event will take place regardless of the weather. Please check the weather and dress accordingly.
- You may not consume any alcoholic beverages or smoke during your volunteer shift.
- You may not text/talk on your cell phone during your volunteer shift.
- Unless otherwise directed, you may not eat during your volunteer shift. Please plan on eating before/after your shift.
- Your assignment is complete when a staff member releases you. If you have not been released at the end of your shift, please contact a lead volunteer or staff member. If you are on the course, your assignment is complete when the balloon team passes and you have cleaned up your area.
- Children under the age of 10 may not participate as a solo volunteer (ie, an individual not signed up with a group of 10 or more), nor may they be with you during your volunteer shift. Children between the ages of 10-15 must be accompanied by an adult in a 1:6 ratio; Children between the ages of 16-18 must be accompanied by an adult in a 1:15 ratio.
- Pets are not allowed with you during your volunteer shift.
- Depending on race needs, volunteer assignments may be reallocated — please be flexible.
- M3S Sports reserves the right to search any bags for security reasons.
- M3S Sports is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Questions? Contact Holly Varian at .
This page printed from www.arizonadistanceclassic.com
© Copyright M3S Sports, LLC. All rights reserved. No unauthorized reproduction of any images or content without permission.
Website by Attention Web & Graphic Design—Professional design you can afford. www.attentiondesign.ca